To receive a Certificate in GIS, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 15 credit hours of coursework with a minimum 3.0 GPA for all courses taken. See below for details.
- Hold a bachelors or higher degree from OSU or another accredited college or university (students may work towards the Certificate while completing their bachelors degree).
- Complete at least 9 hours overall at Oklahoma State University. Courses from other OSU programs that contain at least 50% of geospatial technology in the course content may be considered as alternatives for elective courses. Consult with program coordinator for qualified alternatives.
Core Courses -- Choose any 3 courses (9 hours total) from the following:
- GEOG 4203 -- Fundamentals of GIS
- GEOG 4343/5323 -- Resource Management GIS
- GEOG 4353 -- Socioeconomic GIS
- GEOG 5343 -- Advanced GIS -- Resource Management Applications
- GEOG 5353 -- Advanced GIS -- Socioeconomic Applications
Elective Courses -- Choose any 1 course from each of the following two categories (6 hours total):
Category I -- Spatial Analysis/GIS Programming:
- GEOG 3333 -- Spatial Analysis
- GEOG 4383 -- GIS Programming
- GEOG 5303 -- Geographical Analysis I
- GEOG 6303 -- Geographical Analysis II
Category II -- Spatial Data Collection, Management, and Representation:
- GEOG 4263/5263 -- Geospatial Applications of UAS
- GEOG 4303 -- Applications of GPS in Field Research
- GEOG 4313 -- Field Techniques and Geodata Collection
- GEOG 4323 -- Computer Cartography
- GEOG 4333/5333 -- Remote Sensing
- GEOG 6313 -- Advanced Geodata Collection
- GEOG 6333 -- Advanced Technolgoies in Image Analysis/GIS (prerequisite: GEOG 4333/5333)
For more information, please contact the GIS Certificate Coordinator, Dr. Hongbo Yu.